February 25, 2009

Lent

So today is the first day of lent. To cut down a few lines, I found this out through Reddit. Yeah, while my maternal grandmother is a huge catholic, it was a website that reminded me of this occasion. Actually I'll talk about this later but my Grandma.. actually yeah she deserves her own post this is a reminder to my future self.

Anyways neither me nor my family is very religious, but this is the season where people who aren't religious notice the resolve of the religious ones who are giving something away and, in seeing this, attempt to abstain from something of their own for forty days. First of all I think it's pretty presumptuous that we think by giving up chocolate or masturbation that we're holding ourselves closer to a man who supposedly went through trials given by satan himself, or something like that i never did my first communion ( something i have to touch up on in that post). That fight with my friend, if you can call it that, did give me something to think about. Yeah, maybe it's my mood in the morning but w/e. It's most probably the riddlin that i took which makes me want to change (another post). Enough of this, since I didn't know about Lent until waking up, and I jacked it before going to sleep at 1:00am, here are the options of things I can do that I haven't absolved in just yet.
  1. Women (haha)
  2. The Internet (For other than school).
  3. Television
  4. Actually do my shit?
  5. Random Site
Let me elaborate, 2 is out since I am doing that as I write this. The only way for 1 to be memorable is if It is conjunction with another, I'll leave the reason to you. 3. would be good, but since starting this list I have gotten a better idea. That better idea is numero 4. Ah, number 4, what you mean to me? Let me explain. I will try to get all my shit done, first of all. I will try and start a routine, which is something hard for me. I realize, what are all the non-religious people even doing when they try to give something up? They're doing it for themselves. They see people give something hard up, and whether by thinking it a fun challenge or testing themselves, they are doing it for themselves. I'll bet you all of king midas' gold that half of the non religous people who are trying lent don't even know the storry behind it.
Well? Im going to do the same. To try and help me this will be the thing I am " giving up". But to also give a sense of giving something up I'll give up another random site, (After realizing i spent abnormal amounts of time on a previous site I autobanned myself for a month).(about 10 minutes of me thinking have just passed) Alright even though i already went to reddit today, and subsequently learned lent was today, that's what I'm going to giveup in lieu of that's where I waste a lot of my time and my Lent is to help me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment